Monday, 25 June 2012

Infinity Engine Update 5



I am still working on the play test adventure "Abandoned Hope", though it is taking shape rather nicely I find that it is taking rather longer to assemble that I had at first estimated. That and I've made a few suggested modifications to the system.

The first change I have now made to the game engine is the to allow one against many combat to yield damage to both parties, that is the character can strike at target, and also be hit by other members of the gang he is facing. Rather than the all or nothing approach I had before.

The second change I've made is to fold the 'torture' skill into Coercion. I've been doing a lot of thinking about the skills list in general and I've had a bit of feedback that the list is currently to big. I think there are actually 15 skills that need to be included to get a good all round feel and Infinity Engine is currently sitting with 38. I'm looking at making a few more cuts.

In other news: I got a call from Dammi at Vagrant Workshop asking if I'd do some additional writing on Equinox. Of course I immediately agreed. Its been a long time since I have done any work on this game. I was fortunate enough to be involved with the initial work pioneering the setting alongside Casten Damm, and Jason Wallace. Since then I've had little contact with the game as I have been far to busy with Fading Suns 3rd edition. Many of the former EarthDawn writing team from RedBrick LLC, who got the chop at the same time I did, are now working on Equinox, so its great to know just how much is going into the game, and that so many good writers with passion and heart are flying Vagrant's colours.

Keep an eye on the Vargant Workshop website to see further announcements as they appear.

2 comments:

  1. I game that Carsten Damm, Jason Walace and myself started work on back in 2007. Since then a few others have joined the crew. I think we will see the first release (the setting book) late this year.

    ReplyDelete